úterý, prosince 26, 2006

Brno Sweet Brno

Christmas Day was bright and sunny here, so I decided to head out and explore the hills near my neighborhood. After hiking for awhile I made it to the top of a ridge, and looking back, I could see spread out against the hills the spectacular swath of paneláky (Commie-era apartment blocks) that are characteristic of Czech cities in general, and Brno in particular. Keep in mind you're looking at only a thin section of the city here. I'm lucky enough to live in a small, pleasing-looking panelák on the very edge of town. I don't envy those who live deeper inside the suburban jungle. But as you can see, on a sunny day, from a distance, the paneláky can look quite shiny and serene.







3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymní said...

Ah, this reminds me of the good ol' days...like last year. Good to know you're recording the city for those who once lived in it.

2:49 dop.  
Anonymous Anonymní said...

Oh, this is David by the way. The once and not-future ESL teacher.

2:51 dop.  
Anonymous Anonymní said...

Joe, I love your poem for Christmas day. I hope you will write some more. Hope to hear how school is going. Love, MOM

2:15 dop.  

Okomentovat

<< Home